PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE AND/OR PORTAL
1 What's in these terms?
- 1.1 This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the Portal, link to our Site or the Portal, or interact with our Site, the Portal or the App in any other way.
- 1.2 All defined terms set out herein are the same as those defined in the Terms and Conditions, which should be read in accordance with this policy.
2 By using our Site, the Portal and the App or accepting the provision of any Services you accept the terms of this Policy.
- 2.1 By using our Site, the Portal and the App or by accepting the provision of any Services, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them fully.
- 2.2 If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site, the Portal, the App or accept any Services
- 2.3 We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3 There are other terms that may apply to you
4 We may make changes to the terms of this policy
4.1 We amend the terms of this Policy from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, the Portal, the App or accept the Services please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 3 August 2018.
5 Prohibited uses
- 5.1 You may use our Site, the Portal and the App only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site, the Portal or the App:
- 5.1.1 In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- 5.1.2 In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- 5.1.3 For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- 5.1.4 To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- 5.1.5 To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- 5.1.6 To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- 5.2 You also agree:
- 5.2.2 Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- 126.96.36.199 any part of our Site, the Portal or the App;
- 188.8.131.52 any equipment or network on which our Site, the Portal or the App is stored;
- 184.108.40.206 any software used in the provision of our Site, the Portal or the App or
- 220.127.116.11 any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
6 Content standards
- 6.1 These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Portal (Contribution).
- 6.2 The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- 6.3 VST Enterprises Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
- 6.4 A Contribution must:
- 6.4.1 Be accurate (where it states facts).
- 6.4.2 Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- 6.4.3 Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- 6.5 A Contribution must not:
- 6.5.1 Be defamatory of any person.
- 6.5.2 Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- 6.5.3 Promote sexually explicit material.
- 6.5.4 Promote violence.
- 6.5.5 Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- 6.5.6 Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- 6.5.7 Be likely to deceive any person.
- 6.5.8 Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- 6.5.9 Promote any illegal activity.
- 6.5.10 Be in contempt of court.
- 6.5.11 Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- 6.5.12 Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- 6.5.13 Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- 6.5.14 Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from VST Enterprises Limited, if this is not the case.
- 6.5.15 Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- 6.5.16 Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- 6.5.17 Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
7 Breach of this policy
- 7.1 When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- 7.2.1 Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site and the Portal.
- 7.2.2 Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the Portal.
- 7.2.3 Issue of a warning to you.
- 7.2.4 Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- 7.2.5 Further legal action against you.
- 7.2.6 Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- 7.3 We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.